Monday, June 11, 2007

Sour Cream Rhubarb Cake


I can imagine my dear faithful readers asking, when is she going to stop with all these rhubarb recipes. Well, the plants are slowing down and I've frozen enough for some winter desserts so there shouldn't be too many more blog entries. But I do have a couple more great recipes to share. :<)

Sour Cream Rhubarb Cake

1/4 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

2 cups chopped rhubarb and 1 cup strawberries.

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy, beat in sour cream, egg and vanilla. Mix together the dry ingredients and add. Mix in fruit.
Spoon into greased 9 X 13 pan. Bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream or just plain. It is light and delicious!

7 comments:

  1. Nan, this look so delicious but I must confess, I don't believe I've ever eaten rhubarb! Can I come over for a taste?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime! Is it sold in the stores or at Farmers' Markets??

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that looks divine. I think I'll be getting some rhubarb in the coming weeks, even if I have to buy it frozen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every one of those many, many :<) recipes is so good. Each will work fine if the rhubarb is frozen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Boy Nan!
    That sounds delicious.
    Thanks for sharing that one.
    Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nan,
    I think there's no such thing as too many rhubarb recipes! I just used the last of mine yesterday making rhubarb sauce in my crockpot, but I think I'm going to get some more to try your cake recipe. Your great photo of it looks like it's from a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindy, it is good! Though today I thought to myself that it isn't my favorite. Wouldn't you think the sour cream would make it perfect? Well, yes, but there are a couple of others I've posted which I like better.

    Alison, what a nice, nice compliment! I don't have an expensive, fancy camera but I try extra hard to get good shots. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.