Monday, June 18, 2007

It's the little things/Bicycle



Last month I saw a photo of a bicycle on the Daisy Cottage blog which I loved. I couldn't stop thinking about it, especially as I looked at my old rusty bike. I bought it several years ago when LL Bean was offering what they called their "Classic" bike. It was red, with a really comfortable seat, and foot brakes. Nothing fancy, nothing high-tech, nothing modern whatsoever. But I haven't ridden it for years, and time and rain had left it looking pretty awful. I so wish I had taken a photo of it before Tom painted it today, but regretfully I didn't. I am just thrilled with my "new" bicycle.

9 comments:

  1. Your bike looks great! Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tara! I saw an ad in a magazine for Rustoleum, and they featured this color on patio furniture, and I thought to myself that it was just the color on the other bicycle. It's called apple green. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the color of a Granny Smith apple! It looks great and this photo is the perfect picture of summer. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great bike! I want one just like it only in pink with a white daisy covered basket on the front and a little bell. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful bike! The color is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this photograph! I don't know if you recall me talking about the pictures in our guest bathroom - probably not. We have a large framed poster of all the "bikes" that were created for our city's art theme one year. I have a few postcards with a variety of bicycles and I think I may just have to print this picture out and add it to the collection. I love the classic looks and the new paint color. The picture screams "Summertime"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heidi, it really is, isn't it?! I have a little woven basket that came with it, but I need new straps.

    Thanks, Kim, for stopping by. I've just visited your blog and I love all those pictures at the top. I'll be spending more time there.

    Grace, I hope you can sometime find your dream bike!

    Thanks, Rapunzel!

    No, Les, I don't think I've ever heard about this poster. Could you take a picture and email it to me so I could see it??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this picture and love the color!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.