Monday, June 18, 2007

It's the little things/Bicycle



Last month I saw a photo of a bicycle on the Daisy Cottage blog which I loved. I couldn't stop thinking about it, especially as I looked at my old rusty bike. I bought it several years ago when LL Bean was offering what they called their "Classic" bike. It was red, with a really comfortable seat, and foot brakes. Nothing fancy, nothing high-tech, nothing modern whatsoever. But I haven't ridden it for years, and time and rain had left it looking pretty awful. I so wish I had taken a photo of it before Tom painted it today, but regretfully I didn't. I am just thrilled with my "new" bicycle.

9 comments:

  1. Your bike looks great! Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tara! I saw an ad in a magazine for Rustoleum, and they featured this color on patio furniture, and I thought to myself that it was just the color on the other bicycle. It's called apple green. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the color of a Granny Smith apple! It looks great and this photo is the perfect picture of summer. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great bike! I want one just like it only in pink with a white daisy covered basket on the front and a little bell. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful bike! The color is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this photograph! I don't know if you recall me talking about the pictures in our guest bathroom - probably not. We have a large framed poster of all the "bikes" that were created for our city's art theme one year. I have a few postcards with a variety of bicycles and I think I may just have to print this picture out and add it to the collection. I love the classic looks and the new paint color. The picture screams "Summertime"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heidi, it really is, isn't it?! I have a little woven basket that came with it, but I need new straps.

    Thanks, Kim, for stopping by. I've just visited your blog and I love all those pictures at the top. I'll be spending more time there.

    Grace, I hope you can sometime find your dream bike!

    Thanks, Rapunzel!

    No, Les, I don't think I've ever heard about this poster. Could you take a picture and email it to me so I could see it??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this picture and love the color!

    ReplyDelete

I am really going to try and respond to your comments as soon as they come in! I'm so grateful for your notes.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.