Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Book passage/One Man's Garden

[Speaking of short-lived flowers] Then they are gone. It does not do at all to say, Well, we'll look at them next week, because next week is always too late. When peonies or irises or lilies bloom, you stop and look at them. The dentist will be there next week, the office will be there next week, and if people can take off time for funerals, babies, plague, and conventions, they can take off enough time to get properly saturated with the iris or the rose.
Henry Mitchell, One Man's Garden



4 comments:

  1. Oh this post is soo true! You wait a whole year to enjoy the beautiful sights and smells of the once blooming buds, and it is totally worth it! Just loved this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love that iris! I must remember to plant some (in the fall??).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to each of you for your comments. Only a paper moon, I'll be over to visit you. That is one of my favorite songs. Les, I love the iris. And Robin, Mitchell is just great.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.