Monday, May 4, 2009

The Pie Song

Reading about Alison's birthday pie, got me singing The Pie Song from Waitress. I love the movie and the song.

Here are the lyrics so you may sing along.
The Pie Song
co-written by writer/director/co-star Adrienne Shelley and Andrew Hollander

When the world is gray and bleak
Baby don't you cry
I will give you every bit of love that's in my heart
I will bake it up into a simple little pie

Baby don't you cry gonna make a pie
Gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle
Baby don’t be blue
Gonna make for you
Gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle
Gonna be a pie from heaven above
Gonna be filled with strawberry love
Baby don’t you cry
Gonna make a pie
And hold you forever in the middle of the heart

Baby here's the sun
Baby here's the sky
Baby I’m your light and I’m your shelter
Baby you are mine
I could freeze the time
Keep you in my kitchen with me forever

Gonna be a pie from heaven above
Gonna be filled with strawberry love
Baby don’t you cry
Gonna make a pie
And hold you forever in the middle of the heart

Gonna bake a pie from heaven above
Gonna be filled with butterscotch love
Gonna bake a pie from heaven above
Gonna be filled with banana cream love

Baby don’t you cry
Gonna bake a pie
And hold you forever
And hold you forever
And hold you forever in the middle of my heart

12 comments:

  1. This is a great movie! And I loved the song. I'm a pie lover and baker.
    On another note I want to mention that my blog is now at commonweeder.com. I hope you'll continue to list me there.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the change! I have never made a pie, do you believe it?! I like crisps and crunches better so that's what I make with fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never even heard of this movie. But, I may just have to go and rent it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hip Chick, I am quite, quite sure you'd like it. I loved it so much I bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We loved this movie too. And since we are avid pie bakers, we sing the tune when we start cutting the butter into the flour. Also, we often play Patty Griffin's "Making Pies." Good days...

    ReplyDelete
  6. June, I love thinking of this. What fun! Maybe you'll post about how to do it sometime?? :<)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh-oh. I thought I left a comment before but it's not here. :(

    It was about the pie song from Michael with John Travolta. Another pie classic. (You Tube has it.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this movie. Love that song. Love to eat pie. Love to bake pie--so easy, so scrummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this movie. I watched this movie twice. Once a few months ago and just a day ago. I love it when she sings to her daughter, just like her mother did to her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. J.G. I haven't thought about that movie in a while. I really liked it, and will go look at the video. Thanks.
    Margaret, isn't it just a wonderful movie.
    Luvone, if my kids were little, I'd be singing this to them in the kitchen and as a lullaby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nan,

    Some time ago, on your recommendation, I got Waitress from the library but never got around to watching it. I'm going to order it again right away - especially now that I know you even BOUGHT it!
    Thank you for the birthday wishes! Have you heard the Lenka song I mentioned? The beginning of it reminds me of Keane, which reminds me of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alison, I haven't but I will. You know, I didn't like Keane's second cd, and I don't even know if they have another out. My music life has taken a back seat for a while. If I had another copy of Waitress, I'd send it to you!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.