Monday, November 3, 2008

Muffin Monday/Blueberry - Cranberry Muffins


This is an old recipe I found on the internet. It was for cranberry muffins, but I thought I'd add blueberries, too.

1/4 cup Butter

1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar

1 egg
1/2 cup Milk

1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup cranberries

Coarsely chop cranberries (I didn't).
Generously grease a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.

Melt butter; set aside to cool.

In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
In a small mixing bowl lightly beat egg and then beat in milk and melted butter.
Add to flour mixture; stir together quickly and lightly.
Add cranberries and blueberries.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin-pan cups, filling each slightly more than half full.

Bake in a preheated 375 F oven until golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean - 20 to 25 minutes.

Pretty and delicious!

3 comments:

  1. Two of our native berries in one muffin. Looks yummy!

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good and healthy. I know the berries are full of good antioxidants.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm.... this sounds wonderful. Thanks for visiting my blog, Nan. I'm so glad you did because it led me to yours. This is so much fun. I'm having fun wandering around your days, too.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.