Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sunday Supper - Raisin Bread Pudding



Raisin Bread Pudding

1/2 loaf of bread, 6 or 7 slices
2 cups milk
2-4 Tablespoons butter
1 egg
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 - 1 cup raisins

Cube the bread slices and place in a bowl.
Lightly scald the butter and milk and then add to the bread cubes.
Stir well and let sit a few minutes.

Beat the egg.
Add the sugar and vanilla and continue beating.
Add this to the bowl.
Stir in raisins.

Put mixture in a greased 8 x 8 pan and bake in a preheated 350º F oven about an hour.

You can eat it hot, warm, or chilled.
Such a wonderfully warming, delicious supper.

6 comments:

  1. Bread Pudding = pure comfort food!
    My Mom made this for us often and sometimes she would chop wee bits of apple into the dough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me of this pudding - my mum used to make it and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband sooo wants one of these! :-)

    And I just mentioned your Apple Crisp recipe in Seasons Snapshots.

    Mari-Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely going to try your recipe. And I love the idea of having it for supper. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this recipe. As children we used to have this for supper. I almost forgot it and I never tried to bake it myself.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each of your comments makes me so very pleased that I posted this wonderful dish. I liked your stories. And Peg, I have a recipe for the apple version! Smilinsigh, thanks for the apple crisp mention!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.