Friday, September 21, 2007

The Joy of Baking - Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies



Catherine Mary recently asked me if I had a zucchini cookie recipe, and it happens that I do. These were a huge hit!

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini

4 cups flour
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda

2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream butter and sugar.
Add eggs, vanilla, and zucchini.
Mix dry ingredients and add.
Add chocolate chips.

Drop by teaspoonful on a greased cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes.
Makes about 75 cookies.

----------------
Now playing: Jo Stafford - Walkin' My Baby Back Home

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for this recipe. I have some zucchinis left and in order to make the often baked "family zucchetti cake" I'll try these cookies. I'm sure they will taste fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I know what I will be making and eating sometime this next week. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound so yummy, Nan. And I love the new picture on your header. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Barbara, maybe you could post that cake recipe on your blog?!

    Catherine Mary, I hope you like them. It was a delight to make them for you.

    Cdn reader, thanks so much. The morning mist was just so beautiful. We don't get much mist except this time of year and I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new header, Nan!! Such atmosphere. The cookies look yummy, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cookies sound great. Not sure I could get them past the family (what is that green stuff?) but I might try. Ha!

    Lovely new picture. Looks cool and fallish!

    ReplyDelete

I am really going to try and respond to your comments as soon as they come in! I'm so grateful for your notes.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.