Friday, September 28, 2007

The Joy of Baking - Apple Tapioca

Slow Cooker Apple Tapioca

8-10 apples
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup Minute Tapioca
1/2 cup water

Pare and core apples.
Slice and place in slow cooker.
Mix together sugar, tapioca, and water.
Pour over apples.
Cook on high for two hours or less.
Serve hot or cold.
Top with whipped cream or eat plain.

Makes about 2 cups. Very delicious! It looks a bit like applesauce in the photo, but it has a completely unique flavor.

Note: the original recipe said to cook for 3-4 hours on high. Mine was done in less than two. It may depend on the crockpot. If you make it, I would suggest you keep an eye on it the first time to get a sense of how long it takes. Perhaps it could be cooked on low for a longer time.


6 comments:

  1. Let me know if you try it, Mari-Nanci. I hope it turns out just as great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious. My husband would like it.
    Is that a new template? It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Violet Lady, I know that mine thought it delicious! Do you mean the picture at the top? I took the picture and put it up about a week ago. Thank you so much. I do love morning mist this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't eaten tapioca since I was a child, but you've brought it all back to me, Nan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two things my family really likes. It looks soo good.You can find me at Daisy Bouquet.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.