Monday, December 28, 2009

An Irish Country Doctor by Patrick Taylor


61. An Irish Country Doctor - first in the Irish Country series
by Patrick Taylor
fiction, 2007
library copy
unabridged audio cd, read by John Keating
finished, 12/23/09




After enjoying An Irish Country Christmas so much, I listened to the first in the series, An Irish Country Doctor, which chronicles the coming to Ballybucklebo of young Doctor Barry Laverty. I am completely smitten with these books, and am now listening to the second in the series. I love the characters, and how they connect to one another in the village. I find the medical treatments in this small place in the mid-1960s fascinating. And it is lovely watching this young doctor fall in love with the place and its people. And now, I'll let the author speak for himself.

4 comments:

  1. I finished An Irish Country Christmas also.......and love this blog!


    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The series is just a wonder, Bonnie. And thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this series too! My Mom is from Ireland and reading these books brings me back to the summers I spent there with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.

    I haven't read Irish Country Christmas yet but the first two were great! Wonder if Patrick Taylor has anything else in store?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Booksnyc, Lucky you spending time over there! And yes, there is a new one about Kinky! And the publisher is sending me a copy to review. I'm thrilled.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.