Saturday, November 24, 2007

Quote du jour/G.K. Chesterton

Children are grateful when Santa Claus puts in their stockings gifts of toys or sweets. Could I not be grateful to Santa Claus when he put in my stockings the gift of two miraculous legs?
Gilbert Keith Chesterton


  1. What Chesterton work is that from?
    We are GKC fans in this household!
    Interesting quote!


  2. Hi Bonnie, thanks for writing. Here's the story of the quote. A few years ago we gave a friend of ours a gift subscription to Gilbert Magazine:

    And now I get occasional mailings from the Chesterton Society. The latest one had this quote, and I was so taken with it, I thought I'd put it on the blog.


Now that I am a grandmother, it seems that I am often late in replying to your most-appreciated comments. But I read them as soon as they come in, and I will write as soon as I can. Please do come back and check. I love these blogging conversations. A little addendum - I've just spent quite a long time catching up with dear notes you left me months ago!! I do hope you can get back to read them. And I'm trying to be much more prompt now!

Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.