Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Quote du jour/Washington Irving

It was the policy of the good old gentleman to make his children feel that home was the happiest place in the world; and I value this delicious home-feeling as one of the choicest gifts a parent can bestow.
Washington Irving


  1. This is a wonderful quote, isn't it. Just what home should be to those who once lived there.

  2. I find as my children have grown, they often comment on some facet of home they remember from years past. They speak with warmth which pleases me so much.


Now that I am a grandmother, it seems that I am often late in replying to your most-appreciated comments. But I read them as soon as they come in, and I will write as soon as I can. Please do come back and check. I love these blogging conversations. A little addendum - I've just spent quite a long time catching up with dear notes you left me months ago!! I do hope you can get back to read them. And I'm trying to be much more prompt now!

Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.