Sunday, February 18, 2007

Chocolate Mousse



This is a very quick and easy recipe, and to my mind the best tasting ever.

1. Melt together over low heat, or in a double boiler, 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate and 2 T. water. Let cool.

2. Separate 4 eggs.

3. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form (I use the KitchenAid), add 1/3 cup sugar and continue beating.

4. Whisk chocolate and egg yolks together. Add 1/2 t. vanilla.

5. Stir a little of the egg whites mixture into the chocolate mixture, and then fold that into the egg white mixture.

Spoon into 8 custard cups, and refrigerate. Add a dollop (or more) of fresh whipped cream to each cup. In the last few years, I learned the best way to make whipped cream is in the blender. Put in the heavy cream and a bit of honey (or sugar). Turn the blender on low, and blend for less than a minute. Keep checking that it doesn't over-blend.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yum!!!! I love chocolate mousse and never understood when someone said it was too rich and they couldn't finish. Hand it over! I'll eat it. :) This is definitely a recipe I'll try this week.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.