Friday, January 26, 2007

Mrs Bale reports 1/26/07


I am so fond of the character of Mrs Bale in the series, As Time Goes By. She's wonderfully eccentric, rides a motorcycle, has a secret "past", and makes outrageously creative cocktails. She is also fascinated by the weather, and often pronounces that it is "calm in the Irish Sea." Well, I am going to occasionally post weather reports and will name them in honor of Mrs Bale.



This was the temp at 8 am. Coldest so far this year. Bright and sunny.

7 comments:

  1. What a great surprise to see our Mrs. Bale! :) And, my goodness! Negative 16 is cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't she just so wonderful?!! I knew you'd enjoy seeing her. Is "negative 16" a regionalism, do you think? We always say, "16 below."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, could be. I never really gave it much thought (the phrasing of negative 16 versus 16 below). I'll have to listen to our weather radio and news and see if I picked it up here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Good Old Mrs. Bale! As Time Goes By is our favorite show! We record it weekly and of course I must have a cup of tea to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We say "minus 16", not that it has ever been that low here. We love "As time goes by" and wish they'd make another series. Judi Dench says Geoffrey Palmer is too busy fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, after all the talk about how to say it, last evening our daughter and her friend told us they say it both ways, "below" and "negative" so there you go!

    I am asking for the complete dvd set of ATGB for my birthday. I put it in my amazon cart to make it very easy for my husband. :<)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you like Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced Bouquet) from 'Keeping Up Appearances'? I do try to model myself after her, you know!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.