As January slips away, I thought I'd revisit my resolutions, and see how I fared this month.
1. Get outdoors every day, even if only for a little while.
I've not done well with this one at all.
2. Spend more time reading.
I've read some more, but not as much as I'd like.
3. Spend more of this reading time on my own books, and borrow fewer from the library.
Pretty good with this one.
4. Exercise every day.
Terrible with this one, but now we have a treadmill in the house so I have high hopes.
5. Visit elderly friends more often.
Not one visit.
6. Write more letters.
7. Spend less time on the computer.
Less useless time, but more time reading wonderful blogs!
8. Go to more movies at the movie theatre.
Not once, but might this week to The Good Shepherd.
9. Lose about five pounds.
Not one gone this month.
10. Call friends more often.
So-so on this one.
11. Clear out the cellar.
12. Clear out the barn loft.
13. Try to live by this wonderful Swedish proverb:
Fear less, hope more;
Eat less, chew more;
Whine less, breathe more;
Talk less, say more;
Love more, and all good things will be yours.
I've worked very hard on this one, and feel I've had some success.