Sunday, January 28, 2007

Monthly revisit

As January slips away, I thought I'd revisit my resolutions, and see how I fared this month.


1. Get outdoors every day, even if only for a little while.
I've not done well with this one at all.

2. Spend more time reading.
I've read some more, but not as much as I'd like.

3. Spend more of this reading time on my own books, and borrow fewer from the library.
Pretty good with this one.

4. Exercise every day.
Terrible with this one, but now we have a treadmill in the house so I have high hopes.

5. Visit elderly friends more often.
Not one visit.

6. Write more letters.
Well done!

7. Spend less time on the computer.
Less useless time, but more time reading wonderful blogs!

8. Go to more movies at the movie theatre.
Not once, but might this week to The Good Shepherd.

9. Lose about five pounds.
Not one gone this month.

10. Call friends more often.
So-so on this one.

11. Clear out the cellar.
Haven't started.

12. Clear out the barn loft.
Haven't started.

13. Try to live by this wonderful Swedish proverb:
Fear less, hope more;
Eat less, chew more;
Whine less, breathe more;
Talk less, say more;
Love more, and all good things will be yours.
I've worked very hard on this one, and feel I've had some success.

3 comments:

  1. You're not the only one who hasn't gotten outside very often (or exercised for that matter)! It's been to darned cold, snowy and icy. I don't think I've gained any weight, but I'm feeling a bit pudgy these days. I'm not going to fret about it, though. Warmer weather will be here before I know it and I'll get out on the bike trail again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so we are all normal! That is to say that I am glad I am not the only one who has faltered so far!

    I am just trying to do one constructive thing a day! Talk about setting low goals! I am blaming January for my low energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even make any resolutions this year. I have learned that for me, nothing guarentees failure faster than resolving I will do something! I do like your list, it is a good collection of things to strive for. I should post a list of my own at my desk and see if the reminders will help me to do the things I should.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.