Saturday, January 20, 2007

January TBR Challenge book review



http://cafe-books.blogspot.com/2006/10/i-challenge-you.html




Dandelions in a Jelly Jar by Traci DePree

I really liked the first book in this series called A Can of Peas, and was sure I'd feel the same way about the second, but I didn't. I gave the first one an A, and the second a B. It was an okay read, but it lacked that spark, that quality which makes a book great. I don't think I will bother to read the third in the series called Aprons on a Clothesline, and I'm sorry I didn't borrow the books from the library rather than buy them.

I would recommend the book to a reader who was interested in small town Minnesota farm life, with kindly characters who try to do the right thing in life - to someone who wanted a light, mostly uplifting read. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who wanted a book which was deeper, more profound, more intellectually stimulating, for that person would be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.