Friday, March 19, 2010

Mrs Bale drops by on winter's last day


On this last full day of winter, Mrs Bale wanted to stop by to tell you that it has been a really wonderful winter around here. While the rest of the state, the country, and the world got snow, snow, snow, we did not. I don't keep records, but I think the last big snow was in the teens of January. When Mrs B told you about the January thaw, she didn't realize it was really the end of wintery weather. We've had a couple of little whirling snows, but nothing has lasted, and we've had lots of bare ground for weeks. And the sun. It seems to me that almost every day in February had some sunshine. Even if it was cloudy most of the day, it was sunny for a while. And March hasn't been much different. A bit cloudier, some wind, a little rain. But it has felt like we've been in a little springy bubble that kept the usual winter weather away this year. Happily, it has stayed cold enough so the ski areas could make snow. As winter makes its last appearance today, it is sunny and bright and almost 60º. Mrs Bale and I aren't complaining one little bit.

9 comments:

  1. And lunch will be ready in 27 and one half minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see that smile on your face Mrs Bale. I am happy to hear that winter settled well on you. Here's to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing, Pamela!!

    Lisa, amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh... I love Mrs. Bale. I need her in my kitchen. :)

    Our winter has been horrible and my daughter (who lives in New England) drove nine hours to North Carolina to escape for awhile, even though she is seven months pregnant. Long winter...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda, that's exactly what I mean. It's amazing to me how we missed the storms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Mrs. Bale, lovely to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, I've missed her myself! But there just hasn't been any winter excitement for her to talk about. :<)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we had all your snow. And dreary skies. On the last day of winter it was cold and snowy. Today was a bit nicer, so there is hope!

    I'm laughing at Pamela's comment, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Les, today it is around 34º and it is snowing!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.