Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:



Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I didn't open to a random page, but here are two 'teaser' sentences of such beauty I just had to share them.


The man on his holidays becomes the man he might have been, the man he could have been, had things worked out a little differently. All men are equal on their holidays: all are free to dream their castles without thought of expense, or skill of architect.

The Fortnight in September by RC Sherriff
pages 24-25

12 comments:

  1. That's just beautiful! Random passages are overrated :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beth and JoAnn. If you haven't read this Persephone book, you might want to read about it and/or buy it. I'm so loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser! The Persephone books are always very interesting, and this sounds like a really good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, jlshall. So far, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this is a great passage! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brenda, thanks for coming by. I loved these words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful passage! Great teaser this week :) Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, thanks for stopping by. I'm off to read yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful passage. I have not read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diane and gautami tripathy, I'm only in the early pages, but the writing and the sentiment is just like in the passage I quoted. Slow, thoughtful, sensitive book.

    Karin, Persephone is such a great publisher. I've just emailed you about Catherine's book.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.