Monday, March 30, 2009

Zucchini White Cake


Zucchini White Cake

This is an old recipe given to me by a friend's late mother. It is fantastic! I hadn't made it before today, and I'll certainly make it more often now I've tasted it. So delicious.

Preheat oven to 325º F.
Grease 9x13 pan.

Melt 1 cup butter, and cool.

Beat together:
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 or 3 cups grated zucchini (or yellow summer squash) - frozen and thawed worked fine
1/2 of a 20-oz. can crushed pineapple
Add cooled butter

In a separate bowl mix:
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Add to butter mixture, and beat well.

Pour into pan, and bake about an hour.

Frosting:
1/4 cup soft butter
1/3 cup sour cream
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar

8 comments:

  1. Oh my - all of your recipes are so good. I make zucchini bread and
    will have to try this. I have to have something sweet in the house.
    Thank You!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome, One Woman's Journey. There are a couple chocolate zucchini cake recipes on the sidebar, but this is very different - and so delicious! I'll be interested to hear how you like it if you bake one.

    Thank you, Layanee. The sheep seemed like he wanted to be photographed. :<) And the cake is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm ~ that looks delicious!

    I have a summer squash which I was going to use for soup but I think I like this recipe idea better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nan, that cake looks yummy!! I will put this recipe in my recipe box. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Island sparrow, I'd say, cake is always a better choice. :<)
    Sherri, I'd love to hear what you think when you make it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nan,
    This looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great day!
    Coralie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coralie, I hope you have a chance to make it sometime. It is really out of this world great!

    ReplyDelete

I am really going to try and respond to your comments as soon as they come in! I'm so grateful for your notes.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.