Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sour Cream Coffee Cake

Please visit Beth Fish Reads for more weekend cooking.
Weekend Cooking is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, fabulous quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend.

This is an easy, delicious coffee cake for breakfast or supper or with coffee.

Sour Cream Crumb Cake

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

1 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter, melted (and slightly cooled)
1 tsp. vanilla

Crumb Topping:
1/4 cup flour
2 Tbsp. butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8"x 8" pan.

Sift together the dry ingredients.


In another bowl combine sour cream, eggs, butter, and vanilla, mixing well.


Add the sifted ingredients to the sour cream mixture.
Stir just until all the dry ingredients are moistened.
Batter will be lumpy. (I used the KitchenAid mixer so my batter was not lumpy)
Spread in prepared pan.

Make crumb topping:
Blend all ingredients until combined and sprinkle over the cake batter in
the pan.


Bake at 350 F. for about 25-30 minutes or until browned and cake is beginning to pull away from sides of pan.


Let cake cool in pan. Serve while slightly warm or cold.

15 comments:

  1. I wish I had a big piece of that right now, looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice and easy recipe! I love your banner btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, and Uniflame, You can't go wrong with this recipe. It is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, love the tomatoes!

    This coffee cake recipe looks easy as can be and perfect for when you have unexpected guests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh...we love love coffee cake around here, and this recipe looks like it would be really moist :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so good...would be great in the morning with a big cup of coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so yummy!!! I wish I had some of that cake with a cup of tea right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds absolutely yummy. I will have to try it. BTW I've made the key lime pie recipe you posted several times and people were always so impressed. I didn't tell anyone how easy it was! :0)
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I drink my morning coffee, this looks and sounds delicious. Definitely one to try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, yum! Rod and I would both love this. Thanks, Nan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got a cup of coffee with me right now, but no cake! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beth, thanks. It's been an amazing tomato year. And that coffee cake is delish.

    The Book Girl, this is a great recipe.

    Staci, hope you get to try some.

    Sherri, it wouldn't take you long to make this!

    Carol, I love feedback like this. So pleased you like the pie!

    Alex and Les, let me know if you make it, and what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vintage Reading, and mine is all gone. Didn't last long!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, that went together so easily. I love making coffee cakes. or is it that I love eating coffee cakes?

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.