Saturday, October 27, 2007

Quote du jour/Theodore Roosevelt

On this 149th anniversary of his birth, I offer a quote from a letter TR wrote to his son, Ted, when the boy was in college.

Blessed old fellow, you had a pretty hard time in college this fall. But it can't be helped, Ted. As one grows older, the bitter and the sweet keep coming together. The only thing to do is to grin and bear it; to flinch as little as possible under the punishment, and to keep pegging steadily away until the luck turns.
Theodore Roosevelt,
from A Bully Father
Theodore Roosevelt's Letters to his Children

2 comments:

  1. A very wise lesson for us all no matter who or where we are in life!

    ~~ Heidi ~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Theodore Roosevelt is one of my heroes.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.