Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Joy of Baking - Cranberry Muffins



Hooray! It's cranberry season! Last evening we had vegetable soup and cranberry muffins for supper.

Cranberry Muffins

3/4 cup fresh cranberries, halved
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted

Mix cranberries with powdered sugar and set aside. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and granulated sugar into a medium bowl. Add egg, milk, and melted butter. Mix just until dry ingredients are moist. Fold in cranberry mixture. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 20 minutes until done.

Makes 1 dozen muffins.

These are delicious!

8 comments:

  1. These look delicious, Nan! I love cranberry muffins. :) Thanks for sharing your recipe. ~ Lynda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so good, Nan. We don't usually get cranberries in our shops until much nearer Christmas, but maybe I should ask!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, now I can hang up my keyboard for the night! I have another of your recipes. :-)

    And btw, I missed you telling what you had for Sun. supper, last weekend. At least I think you didn't. :-) I was telling my husband that I love to see what you fix for Sunday suppers.

    So this was a Tues. supper. Vegetable Soup and Cranberry Muffins. Yummmm!

    Well, we had his first "Butternut Soup" of the season and I made some Beer Bread to go with it. So I guess we were sort of in the same vein of thinking. :-)

    And, I just got cranberries in the store, a few days ago! How perfect.

    Mari-Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look wonderful. I may have to have some. I love, love, love cranberries. In all forms. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! There were local cranberries at the farmer's market this past weekend...the bags were huge and I didn't buy any. Perhaps I should have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those look yummy! I haven't seen cranberries for sale here yet. I'll have to look.

    Was your veggie soup from a special recipe, or just "Throw what you have in the pot and make soup." (The latter defines many of my soups!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nan, I've made these twice now and my family just can't get enough. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. It's become one of our favorites.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.