Sunday, November 15, 2020

Quote du jour - from Pie in the Sky





Do you know this wonderful television series? I've watched it at least twice all the way through and recently bought it on DVD and am watching again. The late, much missed Richard Griffiths plays a policeman who wants to retire and just be a chef at his restaurant Pie in the Sky. He is a man who really knows and loves good food, and bemoans the fact that his accountant wife played by one of my favorites, Maggie Steed is happy with prawn chips and take-out pizza. Anyhow, a lovely series that cheers my soul each evening. If you have Acorn TV you may watch it there.

The quote du jour was spoken by the Griffiths character, Henry Crabbe.

"I rarely plan more than a day ahead and even that usually ends in disappointment."

A lot of wisdom in those words, methinks. 

8 comments:

  1. That quote is sure in character and made me laugh. I watched the entire series and was sad when I watched the final episode; I wanted more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I buy so many DVDs! I watch the ones I love over and over.

      Delete
  2. There are so many options now for watching television that, to me, it's quite confusing. We have Netflix and Disney Plus, plus local Comcast cable. Does Acorn have all the old British mysteries on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can visit https://acorn.tv/ and also https://www.britbox.com/us/ and browse around to see what they have. I love them both.

      Delete
  3. Nan, this sounds like my kind of series! I am amazed that I have not heard of it before, or maybe I have but have forgotten since. You say it is on Acorn TV, I gather it is not on Netflix?
    Will start watching the new season of The Crown tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not Netflix, and yes, I think it is your kind of show! You could always buy the DVDs.

      Delete
  4. That is a fun show and thanks for the reminder as I’d forgotten about it since our trip home. SILs chicken house should have reminded me as I love the chicken and egg scenes in this show! (We do have Acorn and I love it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that chicken house! And I love how he holds the chickens and talks to them, and that he plays music for them. One of my fave eps is when the younger ones change the music and the chickens hate it. They lay a lot but they aren't good eggs!

      Delete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.