Thursday, September 13, 2018

Up and down the road - 2018

On May 7, 2013 I wrote a post titled "Up and down the road 2013." I expected this would become a little series of writings with the title changing only with the year. Well, we all know what happened in 2013, 2014, and 2015! Not only have I not done any posts about my walks, I haven't really done any walking. I did walk in 2014 with Hazel in the front pack up in the woods where we logged, but really hardly any since then. I thought today that this would be a good activity to begin now that I have a little more time. I need to build up my endurance and my breath. I don't have to go to a gym or a walking path. I can just go out the door, and I really mean to do so unless the weather is terrible. And I am going to use the blog to keep me honest! Maybe I'll write once a week with photos from each day.

I walked today for 30 minutes. 12:08-12:38 pm. (Just 'cause I thought it would be fun to see when I walk)

This is Maybelline, one of the Shetland sheep we got in 2014. 


And Nebby. Her story is here


What I call fall dandelions.

18 comments:

  1. Excellent! I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were busy with more important matters in those years, but yay for starting off again. I've thought of doing something like this in my blog to keep me honest and to make my walks more interesting. i do take a lot of pictures as (and when) I walk, but I don't walk on a daily basis in such a photo-worthy place as you do/can!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't think you live in photo-worthyville?!! My gosh, woman, I love all your photos. Birds and flowers that I never see here!

      Delete
  3. Yes, please share your photos of your walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being interested. There might be some repeats. haha

      Delete
  4. Lovely! You can just think of me virtually walking alongside you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics (so adorable); good luck with the walking routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If I don't continue, my readers can get on me!

      Delete
  6. Yes, do walk whenever and whereever you can, Nan. It is what our bodies are built for and the easiest type of exercise we can give ourselves - no special outfit needed (apart from sensible shoes), no fees for a gym membership or course needed. If I can not walk enough in acweek, I get restless and simply so not feel quite myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to get you to walk. It's great to get exercise and you have such a gorgeous place to take your walks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is really interesting, how lovely. And I hope you enjoy your walks. I blog about my running once a week now: it hasn't changed my running as such, although I now take more photos on runs, but it has made me more accountable with my strength and conditioning training, which I have to make myself do, unlike my running!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nan, I must do this too. Just walking around the perimeter of our 2.4 acres would be a start and then I could zig and zag across it when that became easy. My route won't be as scenic as yours but it will do for a start. We had a record breaking 97 degrees the other day in Nashville but now it is finally supposed to get a little cooler each day so no excuse.

    I love Maybelline and Nebby!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.