Friday, June 19, 2009

Persephone titles on National Public Radio

Jessa Crispin recently wrote a review of Cheerful Weather for the Wedding by Julia Strachey on NPR. An excerpt is included.

There is another Persephone offering here; Little Boy Lost by Marghanita Laski. Again the reviewer is Jessa Crispin, and she says:

we feel so close to the characters we can hear them breathing.

Both these books are high on my list for next year's purchases.

The NPR book site is a wonderful source of book information.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I also like their poetry readings by Garrison Keilor. I wish there were other stations like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't actually listen much to the station but I love the book and music pages online. If you are near enough to Canada, or can listen online, the CBC is a great, great station, my fave in the world.

    http://www.cbc.ca/radio/

    ReplyDelete

I am really going to try and respond to your comments as soon as they come in! I'm so grateful for your notes.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.