Thursday, April 5, 2007

Tools of the trade/Waffles




The 2007 Maple Syrup is available! We bought some today from a place down the road, where we buy our pumpkins in the fall. What a taste! There's nothing like it. So tonight we're having waffles made in the super duper waffle maker our son gave us for Christmas a couple years back. The recipe comes from Mrs. Whaley Entertains. Do you know about her books? The first one is Mrs. Whaley and Her Charleston Garden. She is no longer living, but thank goodness she wrote these wonderful books.



Mrs. Whaley's Waffles

1 1/4 cups flour (I use 3/4 c. whole wheat pastry and 1/2 c. white)
4 t. baking powder (I use 3)
1 t. salt
1 T. sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
8 T. (1 stick) melted butter

Sift together dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine eggs, milk, and cooled butter. Add to dry mixture slowly, beating well after each addition. You don't want lumpy batter. Have waffle iron hot and greased.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't made waffles in ages! Thanks for the reminder. They'll be yummy this weekend, especially since it's so darned cold outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of having them every week! They are so, so good.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.