Monday, April 2, 2007

Chocolate Chip/Oat Cookies



Chocolate Chip/Oat Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup rolled oats

2 cups flour (I used 1 cup whole wheat pastry and 1 cup white)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda

1 12 oz. package of chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli Bittersweet)

I used the KitchenAid mixer, but you could do it by hand.
Cream butter and sugar.
Beat in eggs and vanilla.
Beat in the oats.

In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda. Add to other mixture.

Add chocolate chips.

Roll into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

Made about 5 dozen.

Oh, boy, are these good! The cup of oats is just enough to give the taste of oats, but not so much to make the batter unmanageable. Outstanding cookies!

8 comments:

  1. Yum!! I love oats in my chocolate chip cookies! Great recipe. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, let me know how you like them. They're going fast around here. :<)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, these sound like the cookies we had a the hotel the other day! They were so delicious, despite my "diet" I indulged in one..can't wait to try this recipe, Nan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one thing to say: Yum!!!

    these look so darn good! I am going to ask my husband to make some. He bakes. I do not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a long time since I've baked chocolate chip cookies for my dear hubby. Perhaps this week with this recipe! They sure look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rapunzel, Laura, and Les, these are excellent cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the BEST recipe I have ever tasted for the cookies.(Sorry I didn't post a comment
    on the brownies,my Mom did it before
    I did.) I loved them both.
    from Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a note, Megan. I am SO pleased you like the cookies and brownies!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.