Thursday, November 30, 2006

Today's cd/Irish Heartbeat



Van Morrison & The Chieftains/Irish Heartbeat

This morning I read a blog review of a Joan Baez concert in which she sang Carrickfergus. I got right up from the computer and put on today's cd. This is one of the most beautiful, yet saddest, songs I've ever heard. A while back, a local radio station asked for submissions of listeners' top ten albums, and this one was on my list. It is nearly 20 years old, and I have listened to it innumerable times. Every song is perfect. I'm sorry that Radio blog club didn't have a working version of any of the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.