Monday, March 10, 2014

Sunday Supper - Quinoa Patties


My Sunday Supper last evening was quinoa patties, and because Tom doesn’t care for quinoa, he had a homemade bean dip on toast which I'll post the recipe for another time. 


Quinoa Patties

Put 1/2 cup quinoa in a strainer with tiny holes, and rinse with cold water for five minutes. I have written about this process here.

Cook quinoa over a low boil for 15 or so minutes until those cute little rings form. 
Strain it in same strainer.

Sauté a small onion in a tablespoon of olive oil.

Mix together:
1 slightly beaten egg
the onion
about a tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I put a slice of bread, with the crusts cut off, in the food processor)
maybe 1/4 cup flour 

Stir in the cooked quinoa.

Grease with cooking spray a fry pan, electric fry pan (my choice), or a griddle.
Spoon the mixture into the pan and press down lightly with a spatula.
Cook about three minutes and flip them gently. 
Cook on other side a little less time.

I topped mine with some homemade tomato sauce. Excellent meal. Easy and quick, most delicious, and very nutritious! 

10 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try quinoa. Maybe this is the recipe to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People either love it or hate it. I'm def in the love category.

      Delete
  2. I just tried quinoa for the first time last month and liked it. I will try this recipe --thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like it. There are a couple others in my recipes tab - one main meals, the other muffins.

      Delete
  3. I had come across the word "quinoa" before but wasn't quite sure anymore what it was, so I looked it up. The patties are just the type of meal I really, really like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's become quite a favorite over here. I think we're very faddish in the US. quinoa one year, bacon another. Weird to me.

      Delete
  4. This looks great. Will try soon as I arise from my sickbed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you are sick. Quinoa can make you healthy! :<))

      Delete
  5. Thank you
    I always received new ideas from your sharing :)
    Never thought of this
    I keep a bowl of quinoa handy to add to meals
    This morning had some with my scrambled egg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a very good idea. I might start doing that myself. Thanks!

      Delete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.