Thursday, November 30, 2006

Today's cd/Irish Heartbeat



Van Morrison & The Chieftains/Irish Heartbeat

This morning I read a blog review of a Joan Baez concert in which she sang Carrickfergus. I got right up from the computer and put on today's cd. This is one of the most beautiful, yet saddest, songs I've ever heard. A while back, a local radio station asked for submissions of listeners' top ten albums, and this one was on my list. It is nearly 20 years old, and I have listened to it innumerable times. Every song is perfect. I'm sorry that Radio blog club didn't have a working version of any of the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am really going to try and respond to your comments as soon as they come in! I'm so grateful for your notes.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.