Monday, April 3, 2017

Who Knows Where the Time Goes - Sandy Denny

April is poetry month and though I may not post every day, I will write as often as possible. I plan to share poetry in songwriting. The first is Sandy Denny's Who Knows Where the Time Goes.



Across the evening sky, all the birds are leaving
But how can they know it's time for them to go?
Before the winter fire, I will still be dreaming
I have no thought of time

For who knows where the time goes?
Who knows where the time goes?

Sad, deserted shore, your fickle friends are leaving
Ah, but then you know it's time for them to go
But I will still be here, I have no thought of leaving
I do not count the time

For who knows where the time goes?
Who knows where the time goes?

And I am not alone while my love is near me
I know it will be so until it's time to go
So come the storms of winter and then the birds in spring again
I have no fear of time

For who knows how my love grows?
And who knows where the time goes?

14 comments:

  1. Such beautiful words Nan, thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful song, and one that I actually didn't know. Nor had I ever heard of Sandy Denny. Thank you for bringing her to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you like it, and her. Wonderful singer.

      Delete
  3. Lovely choice! What a nice start to the day. Thank you Nanx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the sound and song and voice and how sad that she died so soon... the beautiful words of the song taking on a new meaning in that light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great song and singer. The lyrics, "Who knows where the time goes?" are something that we can all probably relate to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This song is part of the fabric of my life! I didn't know anything about Sandy Denny, but this song is one of my all time favorites! I still have my precious Judy Collins album with the song on it. Thanks so much for posting the beautiful words and music.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how i love her and that song! I have not been posting lately due to issues with the blog . I think i may need to try a new blog site. But Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.