Monday, December 6, 2010

Today's Christmas cd/Kate Rusby - Sweet Bells


When I listen to Kate Rusby, I sometimes think her work is all the music I need. Her voice is so pure, so clear. I love how the words sound when she sings them. I envy my British friends who may live close enough to see her in concert this holiday season. Here is a review from a recent show in Preston.

A couple of my letters have noted this wonderful singer, here and here.

This 2008 Christmas offering is unlike any I have ever heard. Some of the songs are familiar, but she approaches them in a way which feels older than the hills - the way they may have been sung by a family sitting around the hearth on the dark days of December.

Though this video doesn't show Kate, you may hear one of the songs and decide for yourself if this album is one you must have in your life. I am so grateful it is in mine.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I have Kate Rusby's album, 10 and I love her voice. I saw she had a Christmas album - glad to hear it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to her music thanks to you...just beautiful! I truly don't know how you find all these wonderful musicians, authors , sites etc. but I really love it! I have sent a link of her site to my daughter who will just love her music!
    Thank you!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so very pleased you like her. The songs are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Lovely. Her Underneath the Stars remains one of my favorite songs...how great to find a new holiday album.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.