Thursday, November 30, 2023

Movies for the Holidays

 Usually in late November and in all of December, I watch our DVDs of Thanksgiving and Christmas movies. But this has been a different last few months, which I have yet to write about, and I've found myself watching new-to-me holiday movies on Netflix. And they have done me a world of good. So far, I have watched Holiday in the Wild, Christmas on Mistletoe Farm, and A Castle For Christmas. Each one could be described as "schmaltzy" but you know what - they have been just the ticket for me. Escape? Yes, definitely. Enjoyable? Absolutely. Predictable? Well, yes, but still. 
I loved all three of them, in different ways. And I highly recommend them.

PS I just remembered the one I love most of all. Dash and Lily. Absolutely delightful. Bookish, great sights of NYC, and two wonderful characters. The rest of the cast is special, too. Very well-written series.

6 comments:

  1. Nan, I"m so glad you've found some 'new' movies to try. If they are enjoyable for you and relaxing I think they are great. I'll keep them in mind just in case. Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found some good new movies. Sounds like you had lots of inactive time to spend. Hope all is well for you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I do in the evenings is watch tv😂

      Delete
  3. Nan, I know just what you mean. As the current online slang says, "Same."

    I no longer have Netflix but I'm working my way through the smaltzy Christmas movies on Prime. There have been times I've added to my list "Things I've learned from a Hallmark Christmas Movie." The first thing on the list is Baking is good for the spirits. I am determined to find the gifts of each day of December while I'm in a waiting period and these movies remind me to.

    I'm thinking of you, Nan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be worth getting Netflix. I have the cheapest plan. There are so many wonderful shows. I am watching some Korean ones that I love, and being that my children are South Korean born it is lovely for me to see all those faces. I wish I could have gone over there with my kids.
      Somewhere I just read that Netflix has carried on those sorts of Hallmark shows. I really think you would love some of the movies I've seen.
      I am concerned about what your "waiting period" is.
      I really should write about what has been going on, but I kinda like coming here to get away from stuff instead of writing about it.

      Delete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.