Monday, July 26, 2021

On his 78th


Two months after my mother died, the new Rolling Stone Magazine must have had a piece on Mick Jagger turning 30. I don't recall the article, but I do remember saying to Tom, "as long as Mick Jagger is in the world, I'll never feel old." I even know the room I was in when I said it. I was 25. 

Well, today he is 78 and I am still five years younger than him, and really, I feel the same way. He is a wild man, with more energy than any ten men of 30 or 78! 

Instead of putting up a video of the Stones, I thought I'd share one of my favorite songs - a duet between the late, lamented Peter Tosh and Mick Jagger.

8 comments:

  1. When I was a young boy and wanted to grow my hair longer, my father explained that it was all just a passing fad and that "Mick Jagger won't be jigging about like that when he's 40!" - something that we often reminded Dad about in later years. Surprisingly perhaps, Dad enjoyed the music of the Rolling Stones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is just so funny!! I love that he got to see him older, and that J. never stopped "jigging". And they are touring this year.

      Delete
  2. Hard to believe he and many of the other rock stars that were so involved in drugs have lived as long as they did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite fascinating. Why some have trouble and others don't.

      Delete
  3. All of our favorites are just a bit older than us as well. I was 20 when I saw Paul McCartney & Wings when they played in Germany. We recently bought some McCartney CDs as we listen to music many nights. So one evening I asked Siri how old he was (yeah, the lazy way of doing things!) & she said 80.
    So that got us on others such as Eric Clapton, Ringo Starr, Mark Knopfler and more.
    Mick is indeed still full of energy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ol' Siri was wrong. Next year. It has trouble with directions too!
      Lucky you to see them. I would have liked to.

      Delete
  4. Isn't it a bit like that with people that have been public figures, around for so long - all our lives and sometimes well before we were born - that it feels they should be around forever? I am thinking people like the Queen here; when her husband died, it was hard to believe, and when she will eventually go, it will truly mark the end of an era.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.