Sunday, June 12, 2016

Quote du jour/Jean and Lionel in As Time Goes By


Jean has put a booklet together about their wedding arrangements. She hears Lionel muttering: "On page six - get curtains cleaned."
Jean: "Well, we must."
Lionel: "Why?"
Jean: " 'Cause they're filthy. Don't want my wedding guests looking at my curtains saying how filthy they are."
Lionel: "They look perfectly clean to me."
Jean: "That's 'cause you don't look."
Lionel: "Well, I don't peer at them, if that's what you mean."

A variation of this scene plays out in my home quite regularly.

6 comments:

  1. Here too, Nan!☺

    Gosh, I love that show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great fun even after many, many watchings!

      Delete
  2. I am sure it plays out in most households...including mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so true. Also true of tidying up and putting things away in their proper place.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.