Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Little Secrets cookies

This is a posting which references two earlier blog entries I've written. One is a a  'product placement' piece on Little Secrets candy. You may read it here.

The second entry is a chocolate chip cookie recipe from the Sugar in the Raw company. You may read it here.

A while ago I read someone's post on cookies made with M&Ms. Since then I've been thinking of making them with Little Secrets. I used the chocolate chip recipe just substituting Little Secrets for chocolate chips. I bought several varieties, and am making them once a week now.

Hazel Nina began going three mornings a week to a Montessori school in town. One of the days is a day Margaret works and we take care of her. So Pop brings her to school and when we pick her up and go to either her house or ours, we give her what we call 'Tuesday cookies' and milk. It's a fun little ritual.

This week I used the Dark Chocolate Raspberry variety. It was just the best feeling to not be using the horrible, cancer causing artificial colors that are in M&Ms.


I make a couple without candy for Lucy, and here she is waiting for her cookie.


And of course Hazel thinks they are great!

15 comments:

  1. They look so pretty! And now I'm all nostalgic for cookies and milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really is nothing that is quite as wonderful!!

      Delete
    2. If someone would bake Tuesday cookies for me I would think they were great too. ;) I would be like Lucy. Patiently waiting...

      Delete
  2. I am not surprised Hazel Nina likes them, and Lucy too - they look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! I like the recipe that makes only two dozen. Too many cookies around is a problem for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the artificial ingredients, what lovely cookies! Lucy is so sweet, I can't imagine life without a dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, either. We went from the end of March to the beginning of June the year our Sadie died without a dog, and it was just awful.

      Delete
  5. I love the first photo of Hazel Nina and that arch of her eyebrow. It makes her look like she is mildly amused and somewhat above the fray as she observes the world around her. She is beautiful. And don't even get me started on the cookies. My mother always swore it was the first word I said, definitely a personal weakness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it that your first word was cookie!!! Hazel does have some very funny expressions.

      Delete
  6. This is lovely - the cookie-baking ritual and sharing it with your granddaughter.

    I also love the expression on your dog's face, that patient beseeching look. Reminds me of my brother's dog, who when I visit sits exactly between his chair and mine at the dinner table with that look.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.