Saturday, November 21, 2015

Quote du jour/Gladys Taber

I can't believe it has been a week since I posted. Busy days with the grandchildren!

If you have never visited Beth Fish Reads, there is a section called Weekend Cooking.


Here is the description:

Weekend Cooking is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book reviews (novel, nonfiction), cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, quotations, photographs, restaurant reviews, travel information, or fun food facts. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. You do not have to post on the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page.

My offering this week is a quote from Gladys Taber. 


What's cooking is always evident, because we have no ventilating fans to whisk odors out.

14 comments:

  1. I love the smell of food in my kitchen. We had bacon yesterday (a rare treat for us) and the house smelled like bacon for hours. It was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely picture! I love the smell of most things but if I doing anything will oil I have to go change afterwards because the smell absorbs into my clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a fan but rarely use it. Aromas in the kitchen are usually most welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super quote! Cheers from Carole's Chatter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful unless something burns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a fan (it's part of the microwave that's above the stove), but rarely ever use it. I love the smell of food in our house. When we come home from a vacation, the house always smells "old" and stale. I think it misses having food prepared in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha!!!!! I too rarely use my kitchen fan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, I feel like that every time I cook bacon in our apartment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never cooked bacon, says the vegetarian. :<)

      Delete
  9. We've always had some kind of vent thing, but I love to cook with garlic and the house often smells like it... We don't mind, but we're not sure of company ;))!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.