Sunday, December 4, 2011

Taking a week off, and leaving you with a quote du jour/Earl W. Count

I am going to take a week off from blogging, both writing my letters and reading yours. I want to decorate the house and write my Christmas cards, which were neglected last year in all the excitement of Margaret and Matt moving in down the road. (you may scroll down and read about it under Letter Topics - The Making of a Home) See you later!


Shall we liken Christmas to the web in a loom? There are many weavers, who work into the pattern the experience of their lives. When one generation goes, another comes to take up the weft where it has been dropped. The pattern changes as the mind changes, yet never begins quite anew. At first, we are not sure that we discern the pattern, but at last we see that, unknown to the weavers themselves, something has taken shape before our eyes, and that they have made something very beautiful, something which compels our understanding.
Earl W. Count, 4,000 Years of Christmas

15 comments:

  1. Enjoy the "time off", look forward to your return :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your week off and get everything done you wish to be done, but hurry back. We will miss you dreadfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the Christmas preparation... see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy house-decorating and card-writing to you, Nan! :-) I wrote mine this past Saturday, but won't have a chance to take them to the post office until Tuesday, which is still early enough for them to arrive well before Christmas.
    As for putting up decoration; well, that was done in 15 minutes for me, since I find myself wanting less and less of it each year in my own home, while I really like looking at it in other people's homes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great week Nan weaving and whefting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for these lovely words and have fun decorating (maybe a picture when you return?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a lovely week preparing for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have (had) a wonderful week and accomplish(ed) all your goals! I have been on a couple of weeks off from reading blogs, because it's hard to find the time when we're on a roadtrip. So, now that we're home, just wanted to thank you for the Gladys/Rachel post below especially and for all your recent posts that I've missed -- and say how wonderful your Thanksgiving sounds. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the quote. Enjoy your week unplugged!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you! I'm doing the same, although I haven't officially announced my absence. Just not enough time to sit down and blog, although I'll keep reading my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your Christmas break! (What a perfect idea.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my New Year resolutions for 2012 is to visit other blogs more often. Have been sadlyh lacking this year and I do love Letters from a Hill Farm. Ihope you have had a good week off!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My thanks to each of you for leaving a note. I did get a lot done, though I missed all of you. It's going to take me a while to get caught up with what I've missed, as well as write about some Christmasy things here!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.