Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Finds/November 14

Lots of books I'm very excited about in this week's Friday Finds.

1. Anything For A Vote by Joseph Cummins. The subtitle is Dirty Tricks, Cheap Shots, and October Surprises in U.S. Presidential Campaigns. I heard the author on NPR. He also keeps a blog. Fascinating subject.

2. The Uncrowned King - The Sensational Rise of William Randolph Hearst by Kenneth Whyte. I heard the author on CBC radio just this morning, and am very interested.

3. First Dog Fala by Elizabeth Van Steenwyk. This is a children's book about FDR's dog. I read about it here, and can't wait to get hold of it.

4. The House on Tradd Street by Karen White. I read about it here, and have already ordered a copy from my local bookstore for a Christmas present(which I will borrow!).

5. Henrietta Who? by Catherine Aird. I read about it here, and it reminded me to look into her work. This one sounds particularly good.

6. The Big Clock by Kenneth Fearing, an old mystery I can't wait to read. I read about it here.


  1. I've been seeing The House on Tradd Street a lot lately, perhaps because it's on tour.

    I love the photo in your blog header, Nan.

    I wish our shoe tray looked that clean & pretty.


  2. Such a treasure trove here, as usual! Wonderful books, gingerbread, cactus flowers and snow!! Thank you!

  3. Those do look good! I hope you enjoy The House on Tradd Street!

  4. Hello Nan!

    Thanks so much for sharing! By the way, the gingerbread in your previous post looks delicious!




Now that I am a grandmother, it seems that I am often late in replying to your most-appreciated comments. But I read them as soon as they come in, and I will write as soon as I can. Please do come back and check. I love these blogging conversations. A little addendum - I've just spent quite a long time catching up with dear notes you left me months ago!! I do hope you can get back to read them. And I'm trying to be much more prompt now!

Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.