Saturday, August 16, 2008

Quote du jour/Gladys Taber

Summer is already walking the path to yesterday.
Gladys Taber, The Best of Stillmeadow


  1. This book arrived yesterday. Also "Tottering in my Garden" and several others on your list.
    I felt like it was Christmas.
    I am so pleased I found your online journal.

  2. Wow, your summers are very short. We just returned from Michigan, and I was surprised to see some of the sumac starting to turn up there. I don't think we'll see that until perhaps late September. How do you get enough produce from your garden?

  3. What a lovely quote. And the same could be said of England - Autumn is very definitely in the air.

  4. It seems like just weeks ago I was seeing leaves like this scattered about the place. And here we are again. There's a distinct difference in the air and sunlight these last two weeks, I feel.


Now that I am a grandmother, it seems that I am often late in replying to your most-appreciated comments. But I read them as soon as they come in, and I will write as soon as I can. Please do come back and check. I love these blogging conversations. A little addendum - I've just spent quite a long time catching up with dear notes you left me months ago!! I do hope you can get back to read them. And I'm trying to be much more prompt now!

Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.