Monday, August 13, 2007

Rockin' Girl!



Gosh, it has been over a month since Tara and Robin very kindly gave me this award. I was so touched with the award, but even more by what each of them wrote about me and my blog. I can't tell you how much it means to me. Well, now it is my turn to pass the award along. This is the hard part. If you go to my sidebar, you will see an ever increasing list of blogs I visit. And these are just a few of them. In my bookmarks, I have a category of "new visits" (86!!) and many of those will soon be on my sidebar. Each and every one of these people give something to my life. They cheer me with their gardens, their families, their books, their lives. So how to choose? Well, I think I will give my five awards to people who are new in my blogging life. These are all gardeners whom I've met fairly recently (except one), and whose gardens inspire and delight me. So my pass-a-long award is really a Rockin' Girl Gardener Award. :<)

May Dreams Gardens Carol's blog is not a new one this summer. Her garden blog is one of the first ones I ever read, and it is a constant in my blog reading life. She is a great gardener, and a great person at bringing other gardeners together through her Garden Bloggers Book Club and her Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day.

Thyme For Herbs Marie's blog is full of one of my favorite flowers, the daylily. I'm learning a lot from her, and hope to sometime know the names of all my beauties.

Abenteuer Garden I just discovered this wonderful garden blog when Barbara left a comment on my blog. Her garden is in Switzerland, and her blog is written in both German and English! I have enough trouble finding the right words in one language.

Gardens By The Lake
Another brand new place which I discovered from a comment Kris left on my blog. I'll be spending a lot of time here.

Bliss This is a beautiful blog by Yolanda Elizabet in The Netherlands. Wow! A feast for the eyes.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness,Nan. You have no idea what you have done for me today. I have had a very hard day at work, and still had to squeeze in the grocery shopping. After lugging in the heavy bags, feeling quite sorry for myself I might add, because there's still more work to be done, I gave the mouse a quick flick to check messages. There was your award. Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm am honored that you chose me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan - thank you for the award and the kind words. What a nice surprise! I think your blog is going to be a very fun place to visit - I'm so glad you left a message on Barbara's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan, thanks for making me a "Rockin' Girl". Much appreciated but your kind words about my blog mean more to me.

    Have a great day,
    Carol at May Dreams Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nan, I was so surprised when I got your message. Thank you very much for your appreciation of my blog and your nice comment.It feels good that a new reader has thought about my blog and considered to give public accolades. But, please do not misunderstand, I also feel somehow embarrased now to be obliged to give it to five other bloggers. There are so many interesting and inspiring blogs that it is almost impossible to choose only five. I think every kind and honnest comment somebody leaves in a blog of someone after her/his visit, is already a sort of "award", especially when these visits continue. It means, the writer has taken her/his time to read the post, to think of it because he/she is interested in the blog and appreciates it. Hm, it's difficult to explain in a foreign language, but I do hope you understand what I wanted to say! Once more, thank you for this nice surprise!
    I'm looking forward to your new posts in your blog!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.