Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Quote du jour/Grateful Dead



Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Grateful Dead, Truckin'

I wasn't a "Deadhead." I didn't travel around to concerts, and in fact saw them only once before they were very famous. But, as I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate them. Many of the songs (which Tom and I have often thought off-key) are soothing and an antidote to so much anger in the world. I read a wonderful, wonderful blog entry today about Jerry Garcia, on this anniversary of his birth.

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't a Deadhead, either. Didnt' really pay any attention to their music until after Garcia died. I do like it, though. Just wouldn't have been one to follow them around, concert after concert. ;)

    By the way, I LOVE your new header!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds just like me, Les. (surprise, surprise)

    Thanks about the header. I so love being able to change it when I see a new flower I want to put there. Probably when the winter comes, it will be "ho-hum, another snow scene." :<)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my uncles was a Deadhead and tried so hard to be the "cool" uncle of all the relatives. I suppose he was in many ways. He wanted so much for me to share in his love for his favorite music. I went along with it. Thanks to him, I attended two Grateful Dead concerts--my mom went along with us. At one, we met up with several of my uncles friends and they stood around passing around a joint. They offered it to me, I looked at my mom with I'm sure horror on my face, and I politely said, "No, thank you." LOL I ended up with a contact high that day--my first and last experience of being high. I did find a twenty dollar bill lying on the ground outside of the porta-potties while there as well. :-) That's my memory of the Grateful Dead. It wasn't too long later that Andy Garcia died.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.