Sunday, January 7, 2007

An uncommon January day



As I walked today, I decided to photograph this unusual winter. There have been a couple little snowstorms, but mostly we've had mild temperatures and bare ground. Today the temp is in the low 40s with bright sunshine. There have been many January days in my life when the thermometer read 60 degrees colder than this. I decided to change my "Winter" photo to a picture I took today to give a more realistic view of what this 2006-2007 is like.




These are a couple of the nests of summer. The one on the barn is used every year; sometimes they build on the top of the provided wooden nest box, and other times they use the inside. Here is a mid-May photo of a robin on the outside nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.