Thursday, January 4, 2007

Today's cd/One More For The Road



Toots Thielemans/One More For The Road/2006

Recently I heard a song on a late night jazz show, a rendition of One For My Baby, and I thought, wait a minute that's Jamie Cullum, but who is playing the harmonica? When the dj announced it was Toots Thielemans, I realized how much I still have to learn about jazz. I've done some reading since, and of course I bought the cd, and have done a lot of listening. He is utterly fantastic. And this cd is perfect. You may get a taste of it here.

I'll be buying a lot more of Toots Thielemans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.