Thursday, December 14, 2006

Today's Christmas cd/White Christmas



Rosemary Clooney/White Christmas/1996

I can hardly believe this album is ten years old and that Rosemary Clooney has been gone for four years. I loved her from the time I first saw White Christmas at the theatre with my parents. The song, Count Your Blessings made such an impression on me as a little girl, and I still believe the lyrics are words to live by. This cd offers a full range of holiday music from the light and breezy Santa Claus is Coming to Town to all the songs that bring a lump to my throat; the aforementioned Count Your Blessings (Instead of Sheep), Christmas Time is Here, The Spirit of Christmas, and my very, very most favorite, Christmas Mem'ries.

Christmas Mem'ries
Written by Alan & Marilyn Bergman and Don Costa

Singing carols
Stringing popcorn
Making footprints in the snow
Mem'ries
Christmas Mem'ries
They're the sweetest ones I know

Cookies baking
in the kitchen
Cards and ribbons
everywhere
Frosty Christmas Mem'ries
Float like snowflakes in the air

And oh the joy of waking Christmas morning
The fam'ly round the tree
We had a way of making Christmas morning
as merry as can be
I close my eyes and see
shiny faces
of all the children
who now have children of their own
Funny, but comes December and
I remember every Christmas I've known

I close my eyes and see
shiny faces
of all the children who now have children
of their own
Funny, but comes December
and I remember
Every Christmas I've known
Shiny faces of all the children
from all the Christmases I've ever known

Thankfully, this album is still available, and I hope it always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.