Friday, December 15, 2006

Today's Christmas cd/Barenaked for the Holidays



Barenaked for the Holidays/Barenaked Ladies/2004

This one is almost fifty minutes of holiday delight, with humorous offerings, along with the heartfelt, as fans of the Ladies might expect. Sarah McLachlan joins them on God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings. The latter is a song from childhood Christmases which is a rare selection now. Michael Bublé is on a song called Elf's Lament; "I make toys, but I've got aspirations".



They do very nice versions of three Hanukkah songs, one in Yiddish. And who else but the Ladies would give us a little instrumental of Paul McCartney's Wonderful Christmastime, and then sing Happy Birthday to Jesus?!

It's available for listening and buying here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.